Thank you for calling SPCA Tampa Bay to support our Day of Giving Telethon! My name is _________
If the caller is calling about shelter programs (adoptions, intake, etc.) either have them call the main number: 727-586-3591 or transfer them to x121 (Anita)
If the caller is asking about the For All Dogs program, and is polite say, “We’re reserving this number for our Day of Giving calls. If you would like to speak to a manager, I can take your name and number and have someone call you back.”
- If they want a call back, take their contact information thank them for calling.
- If they refuse either and try to waste your time, politely disconnect.
Phone Donation Acceptance Script
- May I have your first and last name and phone number with area code in case we get disconnected? (Repeat back the phone number.)
- What TV Channel were you watching when you saw our ad?
- Would you consider making a recurring donation that will help animals all year round?
- (If not) Okay. What would you like your one-time donation to be today?
- (If yes) “Great! would a monthly gift work for you? What amount would you like to give (insert frequency, e.g. monthly)?
- In the Gift Notes, enter details if the donor is making a gift for a specific reason (ie. in honor or in memory of a loved one).
- What is your billing address please? (Repeat entire address back )
- May I have your email address for your donation receipt? (Repeat it back – clarify spelling. If no email is shared, please enter placeholder email address with the following naming convention [firstname]+[lastname]+firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt will also be snail mailed.)
- I have you down for a $X monthly/one time donation. Would you like to use a credit card or bank account to make that gift?
- Would you like to cover the credit card processing fee of $X? (transaction fees will display under credit card entry – the donors entire gift, including covering transaction fees, is tax deductible.)
- Optional: Would you like to receive our weekly email newsletter?
PRESS SUBMIT – Make sure donation goes through!
- Thank you so much for your $X donation on Day of Giving to support homeless animals in our community