Court Ordered Community Service Opportunities
Court Ordered Community Service
Thank you for considering giving back to the community at SPCA Tampa Bay. Court ordered hours may be completed at our Largo facility depending on the nature of the offense. Participants must apply for acceptance. The SPCA Tampa Bay team takes great pride in caring for the animals and keeping our facility clean and orderly. We expect the same from our community service volunteers. Punctuality is critical. People who are habitually tardy in arriving for work will be dismissed.
Who is eligible to apply?
- First Time Offenders
- No violent crimes, theft, traffic violations, or animal cruelty charges
- Must be 18 or older
- We do not notarize any forms (such as traffic court violations)
What is the dress code?
- Long pants or shorts past the knee
- Plain t-shirt with no inappropriate or derogatory comments or pictures
- No tank tops
- Close-toed shoes: tennis shoes, boots, or sneakers are appropriate
What volunteer jobs are available?
- Facility cleaning (bathrooms, dusting, and cleaning carriers)
- Grounds maintenance (pulling weeds, trimming bushes)
What work projects may be assigned?
- Landscaping/grounds maintenance
- General handyman projects
What times and days are available?
- 8:30am-1pm, 7 days a week, with a short break every three hours
- Participants must commit to working at least 5 days each month, if you miss more than one day, you will not be allowed to complete your service hours with us.
- Assignments are limited. We will work with only four people per day. Applicants are placed as they apply, first-come, first-served.
After applying there is a phone interview. First-come, first-serve. For more information contact NRivard@SPCATampaBay.org