Animal Welfare Associate
Single Full-Time Position
Provide care for animals, maintain cleanliness of kennels and support the adoption process.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure or Certification:
- Valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- One to two years of part-time or full-time general veterinary work experience preferred.
- Volunteer service in a shelter or similar facility preferred.
- Guide adopters through the adoption process onsite and offsite
- Advise as to types of animals available.
- Meet and greet between animal and customer.
- Dog to dog introductions.
- Preparation and review of adoption contract.
- Review Medical records and general animal husbandry.
- Respond to adoptions line, voice mail and email inquiries.
- Assist with Homeward Bound Gift Shop cleaning, restocking, pricing, and customer service.
- Ability to successfully handle both routine and difficult public contacts, with strong conflict resolution skills in a high stress environment.
- Ability to operate computer, printer, copier, telephone, fax machine and smartphone.
- Ability to show compassion for animals and their owners.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff.